Tuesday, January 1, 2013

DOA results - Portland 12/16/12

So I'm listening to my favorite podcast, the Art of Wrestling, and to my surprise Colt Cabana lists dates for DOA.  I was pretty happy because I missed Cabana's other shot in the Northwest for WCWC, mainly because I didn't want to drive to Salem (combination of me being incredibly lazy and hating to drive).  Obviously this show took place before I started this blog so I didn't take any notes, and since you can't find results from this area ANYWHERE on the net I'm putting this together from memory, so feel free to correct me.

-Prior to the beginning of the show, Patrick Large came out and complained about being fired.  He ended up in a brawl with someone, and I sincerely apologize I can't remember who.

-The official start of the show was Mr. Ooh La La offering JSin Sullivan and Colt Cabana contracts, which of course didn't go so well and set up the night's main event.
Sweet photography from my iPhone

Match results aren't in any particular order, this is just what I can remember:

1) Colt Cabana, JSin Sullivan, & Wade Hess def. the Blanchard Brothers & Big Ugly

2) DOA champ Quiz NC Pure champ Mike Santiago, which set up their 60-minute Iron Man match in January

3) Bishop & Sid Asylum def. DOA tag team champs Exile & Dr. Kliever to win the title.  Exile and Kliever teased a break up to set up EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF in the DOA Rumble in January

There were several other matches on the card, but years of alcohol abuse have rendered my memory slightly less than perfect.  Please feel free to reply to the post and fill in the gaps.  I do remember Ethan HD trying to pop an obnoxious douchebag fan.  Good stuff.

On a side note, I totally marked out for Cabana.  It was fun getting to talk with him, and drop $20 on the Wrestling Road Diaries.  My wife and I watched it today and it was really fun, so I highly recommend going to www.coltmerch.com and buying a copy right now.  DO IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment